Cyber Security Exercise Planner
Arlington, VA (Temporary Remote)
Indev is seeking a proven Cyber Security Exercise Planner to join our team in support of a high profile contract at DHS CISA. Candidate will support the Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency Exercises (CISA Exercises) to improve the Nation’s cyber security readiness, protection, and incident response capabilities by developing, designing, and conducting cyber exercises and workshops at the State, Federal, regional, sector, and international level. The exercises range from policy-based tabletop exercises intended to identify policy and process issues that facilitate or hinder cyber security operations under a variety of authorities, to full-scale exercises with both public and private sectors that incorporate network simulations to test command and control procedures, response mechanisms and cross-sector coordination.
Specific Position duties may include, but are not limited to support of the following:
- Assist in conducting needs and research, and analyze customer needs and requirements.
- Drafts and maintains exercise life cycle documents including from early concept and exercise logistics, and conduct active scenarios in conjunction with cyber incident response plans through exercise outcomes and analysis, and development of after action plans which incorporate recommendations and modifications to cyber security protocols, which result in cyber security improvement plans.
- Assist with coordination and facilitation of requirement gathering sessions and works with business owners and other stakeholders to define and document user cyber security process evaluations.
- Fully understand the Homeland Security Exercise Evaluation Program (HSEEP certification recommended)Assess the current state of the Information Assurance (IA) Program, identify areas for improvement, and execute approved recommendations;
- HSEEP (Homeland Security Exercise Evaluation Program) Certification. If you do not currently have one, you will need to acquire one prior to starting. This is certification is document based with a relatively short process. Should there be any cost, Indev will pay for it.
Active Secret Clearance highly preferred. At the least, all candidates must be eligible to obtain a Secret Clearance.
Active DHS CISA Suitability Clearance or other DHS component Suitability Clearance highly preferred. At the least, all candidates must be eligible to obtain a DHS CISA Suitability Clearance.
Must be a U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain a U.S. Federal government client badge and may be required to pass a government background investigation.