Director, DHS Agile Practice Lead & Account Manager
Indev is seeking a Director, DHS Agile Practice / ICE Account Manager who can work as part of our growing team at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Candidate must have direct DHS experience in the capture/business development of Agile related services and be a Subject Matter Expert in the DHS System Engineering Lifecycle, in conjunction with a Project Management skillset. Candidate must also be intimately familiar with Agile development methodologies and best practices, system development lifecycle, Atlassian suite products (e.g. Jira, Confluence, etc.), including gate reviews, project readiness assessments, checklists, and dashboards in order to apply domain and technical knowledge to coordinate release management efforts with ITPMs, development teams, ISSOs/SAMS, Operations, CTO/Data Architecture and governance boards to promote Agile development and facilitating application releases. Candidate will also need to manage a small team of Agile Coaching professionals and be the primarily interaction point with the customer.
This is a direct hire, full time position. For the right candidate, this position includes an above market salary, signing bonus and benefits. Indev provides a competitive benefits package to include, Medical, Dental, 401k with match, Flexible Spending Account, Paid Time Off, including vacation and holiday pay.
This is a unique opportunity for a polished candidate to launch their career upwards with a fast growing small business that is 100% focused on the Federal market. An ideal candidate for this role would be someone that can inspire prospective Agilists within Indev, as well as drive strategic change amongst clients, and also embody the spirt of an entrepreneur to continue to grow Indev’s federal market footprint.
YOUR FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Director, DHS Agile Practice
- Support capture/business development opportunities related to Agile software development/systems implementation, culture change, training and coaching across DHS
- Manage Indev’s portfolio of Agile assets and corporate methodologies/frameworks
- Provide subject matter expertise in Agile areas, including software development best practices (e.g., Scrum, SAFe), DevSecOps, coaching and training
- Manage strategic direction and overall delivery across Indev’s ICE projects
- Provide coaching, mentoring and apprenticeship for Indev’s Agile practitioners
ICE Client Delivery
- Provide full lifecycle IT Systems Development/QA support for over 15 DHS ICE IT systems. Apply domain and technical knowledge to coordinate release management efforts with ITPMs, development teams, ISSOs/SAMS, Operations, CTO/Data Architecture and governance boards to promote reasonable risk reduction while promoting Agile development and facilitating application releases.
- Execute QA on IT projects based on ICE’s System Lifecycle Management (SLM) and Agile system development practices and accepted best practices with review of various system lifecycle artifacts and tools including: Operations Requirements Documentation (ORD)/Backlog Management (from Jira); Logical Design Documents (LDD)/System Connectivity and System Design Documents; and, Test Evaluation Master Plans (TEMP), Development Test Plans and Test Results.
- Provide SLM governance and review of architectural documentation as systems migrate to open source tools and when they exited DHS Data Centers to cloud-based hosting environments.
- Manage DevOps/Agile coaching support for QA Branch including quarterly Agile Maturity Assessments (AMAs) for individual, directorate and organizational reporting and monitoring; training across all aspects of Agile to ICE colleagues (federal and contracting personnel);; day-to-day Agile Coaching support across ICE-OCIO; refinement of the Agile Playbook and AMAs; assisting project teams sprint and backlog/migration planning; and refinement and/or roadmapping sessions with key federal stakeholders.
- Provide strategic/enterprise/IT change management support and direction to the Indev team and support associated activities with the QA Branch.
- Manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities/deadlines while remaining organized and dependable in a fast-paced work environment.
- Enable the organization to continue to adopt Agile, embrace business agility, and deliver meaningful products that support the agencies mission.
Possess at least 2 of the following professional certifications, or similar Agile certification:
- Scaled Agile Framework SAFe 5.0 Program Consultant (SPC)
- ICAgile Certified Professional in Agile Coaching (ICP-ACC)
- ICAgile Certified Professional in Agile Team Facilitation (ICP-ATF)
- Project Management Institute – Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical/management fields to include, but not limited to: computer science, engineering, business management, etc.
- PMP desired but not required
Washington, DC metro area. Currently, all contractor personnel are 100% remote. In the future (post May 2022), it would be expected that this role would be hybrid (telework and in-person). As it stands, Indev and the ICE client are heavily pro-remote working environments.
Must be a U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain a U.S. Federal government client badge and be required to pass a government Public Trust background investigation.