We are looking for Part-time, and Full-time Air Traffic Control Instructor candidates to join the SAIC /Indev Controller Training Solutions (CTS) team. supporting air traffic controller training services for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). Current Vacancies: Sacramento CA (NCT TRACON), Oakland/San Francisco CA (OAK/SFO Tower Simulator), Fresno CA (FAT ATCT), and Los Angeles CA (AWP- Tower Simulator). Note: FERS Retirees- CTS Income is exempt from earning limitation from 56-62.
The CTS Instructor is a hands-on position that requires the candidate to effectively and consistently deliver the highest quality classroom and/or simulation laboratory training to a wide variety of students including developmental air traffic controllers and Certified Professional Controllers (CPC).
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is responsible for ensuring that air traffic control specialists provide the flying public with a high level of safety and professionalism. A well-trained Air Traffic Control (ATC) workforce plays an essential role in fulfilling this responsibility. The FAA employs more than 14,000 air traffic controllers. They work in air traffic facilities of varying sizes, safely separating more than 50,000 aircraft in the National Airspace System (NAS) each day.
To provide such air traffic services, the FAA trains new air traffic control specialists and provides recurrent training to current air traffic control specialists. The FAA utilizes Contractor-provided instructional services at FAA ATC facilities throughout the U.S. and its Territories to ensure these training needs are met. The scope of the contractor-provided services includes all training and training program support to successfully train and prepare students to become fully certified air traffic controllers. SAIC must provide training and training related support services as required for all types and levels of ATC facilities.
The CTS Instructor candidate must have a minimum of five (5) years of FAA CPC experience controlling live traffic, or recent experience as a contract Instructor at an FAA facility. Experience must have been at the same type and same [or greater] level of ATC facility as the vacancy or equivalent military facility experience. The successful candidate for this position must demonstrate strong technical skills with current ATC automation, simulation systems and procedures. This position will provide mentoring for students and Remote Pilot Operators (RPO) as well as participate in curriculum design and development. The selected candidate must demonstrate the knowledge and skills applicable for obtaining radar and/or non-radar simulation laboratory certifications at FAA air traffic control facilities within the U.S. National Airspace System.
WORK AUTHORIZATION REQUIREMENT
US Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Only candidates with both ATCT and TRACON experience will be considered for this position.
• Direct experience as a Certified Professional Controller (CPC) at the facility is preferred but not required.
• Operational Experience with ATC simulators including scenario design for simulation platforms (e.g. TSS, AT Coach, SGET, etc.).
• Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with FAA personnel at all levels to ensure the delivery of training services meet the needs of the local facility, as well as the FAA’s overall Air Traffic Control mission is highly desired.
• Experience demonstrating excellent teaching and/or platform skills, classroom management techniques, and a student-focused drive for continuous improvement.
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
• FAA Certified Professional Controller (CPC) certification requiredwith the ability to obtain and maintain Instructor-II Simulation Laboratory Certification.
Covid Policy: Indev does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
A CMMI DEV L3, ISO 9001, ISO 20000, and ISO 27001 certified small business, Indev provides Cloud Enablement, Digital Modernization, Agile Transformation, and Cybersecurity Services to the federal market. Rather than simply implementing IT solutions, we combine it with cutting-edge digital creativity and deep industry knowledge to enable your agency to better achieve your mission objectives and critical national security imperatives. We believe in our clients’ missions and understand the challenges they face in serving the American people. www.indev.com.
Indev encourages you to submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org