We are looking for an experienced Controller Training Solutions (CTS) Lab Manager to join the Indev/SAIC Team providing air traffic controller training services for the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA). Current Vacancy: Sacramento CA, NCT TRACON.
The Lab Manager assists in the overall administration of simulation exercises/scenarios. The Lab Manager will coordinate with the appropriate course manager or lead Instructor(s) and may be responsible for overseeing and directing the activities of the contractor personnel providing support under this contract. The Lab Manager responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Developing and maintaining a lab schedule and being the focal point for lab scheduling changes
• Ensuring lab equipment is ready for use as transcribed in the schedule.
• The schedule must include start and stop times for scenarios, and the specific data inputs required for initiating simulation exercises.
• Monitoring training positions for proper operation of equipment and notifying the appropriate office of any equipment malfunctions.
• Supporting Scenario Development.
• Maintaining the operation of the lab at the facility
• Configuring/changing the lab to meet specific training requirements.
• Managing lab training files
• Planning, coordinating, scheduling and directing operations and resources for training simulation labs.
• Developing, operating, and maintaining simulation scenario library
• Configuring and updating simulator capabilities to meet training requirements as defined in the Annual Work Plan
• Maintaining simulation training documentation
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is responsible for ensuring that air traffic control specialists provide the flying public with a high level of safety and professionalism. A well-trained Air Traffic Control (ATC) workforce plays an essential role in fulfilling this responsibility. The FAA employs more than 14,000 air traffic controllers. They work in air traffic facilities of varying sizes, safely separating more than 50,000 aircraft in the National Airspace System (NAS) each day. To provide such air traffic services, the FAA trains new air traffic control specialists and provides recurrent training to current air traffic control specialists. The FAA utilizes Contractor- provided instructional services at FAA ATC facilities throughout the U.S. and its Territories to ensure these training needs are met. The scope of the contractor-provided services includes all training and training program support to successfully train and prepare students to become fully certified air traffic controllers.
Candidates for this position must have a minimum of a high school diploma (or equivalent) and demonstrate basic computer proficiency. Must have a minimum of 1 year experience working in an Air Traffic Controller Lab.
WORK AUTHORIZATION REQUIREMENT
US Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience working in a contract environment with multidisciplinary team (instructors, technical specialists, quality assurance inspectors, etc.).
• Prior experience in air traffic controller training operations, with certification in either the Terminal radar or Enroute simulation lab.
• Effective oral and written communications skills.
• Effective team building skills.
• MS Office Suite Proficiency (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.).
• Basic familiarization of current technologic tools (tablets, notebooks, applications, etc.).
Covid Policy: Indev does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
A CMMI DEV L3, ISO 9001, ISO 20000, and ISO 27001 certified small business, Indev provides Cloud Enablement, Digital Modernization, Agile Transformation, and Cybersecurity Services to the federal market. Rather than simply implementing IT solutions, we combine it with cutting-edge digital creativity and deep industry knowledge to enable your agency to better achieve your mission objectives and critical national security imperatives. We believe in our clients’ missions and understand the challenges they face in serving the American people. www.indev.com.
Indev encourages you to submit your resume to email@example.com