Senior Director of Business Development, Homeland Security
Washington D.C. metropolitan area
Candidate will lead capture and sales efforts for Indev’s Homeland Security Business Unit, selling Information Technology (IT) related services in the areas of Agile Software Development, Cloud Engineering, DevOps, and Cybersecurity. The candidate will support account growth strategy, have exceptional people skills and have in-depth customer knowledge with the ability to understand the customer mission and technical challenges needing sustainable solutions.
The candidate will lead multiple Indev capture and business development activities for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The candidate will have established DHS customer relationships, be known among Industry partners, and have outstanding personnel management and communication skills. The candidate will lead account planning, prioritization, pipeline development, key capture activities and innovative technical solution development, competitive pricing, and price-to-win.
- 10+ years experience with capture of IT related work, business development and proposal development
- Experience with all aspects of capture management, including developing and submitting winning proposals
- A high level of oral and written communication skills in order to communicate effectively with senior managers, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple capture actions of small to large IT focused opportunities across multiple customers, multiple capabilities and multiple locations as prime and as a subcontractor.
- In-depth knowledge of government IT contracting, acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors
- Ability to shape Section L and Section M criteria to maximize scoring
- IT background with experience dealing with multiple contract types
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong proposal development expertise with color reviews, developing win themes, discriminators, value propositions and embedding this in the finished proposal product
Required Qualifications to be Successful in This Role
- Proven full life cycle business development and capture experience in the IT domain
- Domain technical expertise in a relevant technical field such as Agile Software Development, Cloud Engineering, DevOps, and Cybersecurity, in addition to formal management education and experience
- Highly developed oral and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to convey technical and business concepts to various audiences
- Demonstrate impeccable leadership skills, outstanding business ethics, management rigor, in-depth customer knowledge, superior understanding of industry trends and competitive intelligence, expert pricing strategies and the ability to motivate and retain cleared personnel.
- In-depth proven knowledge of DHS customer mission requirements and IT buying habits
- Ability to handle complex customer situations and interact with all levels of personnel to provide a quick and effective resolution
Must be a U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain a U.S. Federal government client badge and be required to pass a government Public Trust background investigation